Saturday, March 01, 2008

Feeling Crappy; Hear Me Whine

I cannot breathe, I cannot smell, I do not feel so very well. (Can you tell by the cadence in that opener that I am trying to get myself ready for Dr. Seuss week at school?) I have not been hit with a cold of this magnitude in years and if anyone is to blame it is my husband since he came down with one first. I really should have taken Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off of work but I just did not have the energy to write up substitute plans at the end of each work day. Instead I opted for crawling into bed by 8:30 each night and skipping my early morning exercise to reserve my energy for the classroom. I've made it...even attending Math Night at school but I am far from healthy. This morning I did go for a run but only at about half speed. I'm not ready to return the Bikram yoga classes I began last Monday which is a drag because I only have a one month certificate which I purchased at an auction. I am definitely in the 'sick zone'; eating doesn't appeal to me, my nose burns and drips, the right side of my head aches and I keep looking at the clock to see when I can take the next decongestant. It's a day for lounge wear, cozy socks, sappy shows on Lifetime, and homemade chicken soup for dinner.

No comments: