Sunday, February 27, 2005

Tulips on Table


Tulips on Table
Originally uploaded by mtnester.
I love my dining room table and I love my kitchen. Chris made my table. It looks especially nice when it is free of the piles of paper clutter that seem to multiply on it's surface every week. I managed to take care of the clutter and serve a fairly decent dinner to friends at this table on Friday night. We had the parents of Chloe and Andy (2 other exchange students) over for dinner. We talked of our kids (glowingly of course) and our upcoming plans to visit them in their host countries of France, Spain and Italy. We miss them but none of us are wallowing in sadness. I guess that's because all 3 kids are truly having 'the time of their lives' and pretty much thriving on their exchange experience. 4 bottles of wine and nearly as may hours later they made hasty departures as is the way with ferry commuters. The time went by altogether too quickly. I am hopeful that we will get together at least once more before the kids get home.

No comments: