Thursday, February 22, 2018

11. A return to Valladolid

To break up the bus ride from Merida back to the coast we spent one night in Valladolid, back at the Hotel Maria de la Luz. In fact, room 12, where we stayed two weeks ago, was available so we took it! We started our day out with breakfast at La Cantina, at least that is the name on the wall; the menus had a different name on them which I can't recall. It is right on a busy corner of the main square and can be incredibly noisy in the evening as Valladolid has horrible rush hour traffic. For breakfast it is a perfect spot for enjoying watching the cleaners sweeping the park, the stalls opening and people all clean and crisp and heading off to work.


Last year I took oodles of pictures of the beautiful floor tiles. I've refrained from taking quite as many but here is a pretty one:


After breakfast we headed to the main market which is only open till about 1:00 so I was glad to be there early enough to see it in full swing.




On the way back to the hotel and got a little turned around. But sometimes in getting lost you find the most interesting sights, like this turkey which I heard before I saw it!








No comments: