Thursday, March 08, 2018

16. Cenote Jardin Del Eden

Yesterday we rented a car and drove about 30 minutes outside of town to this cenote. Yes, you can get there by colectivo, one of the white vans that zip up and down the highway with close to a dozen passengers but my husband says it is time to put that kind of travel behind us, we can afford the rental car. This way we were able to avoid the long hot walk to and from the cenote's entrance on the highway. The long part is not an issue for me, but I did like avoiding the heat.  This cenote is very popular with divers and you can watch them on land practicing/learning how to tie strings to mark their paths through caves.  I do wish I had a snorkel and mask to view the fish and rock formations. The water is very clear.  It is one of my favorite cenotes so far! Although there were lots of people, there was plenty of room to spread out. We spent about an hour there, enjoying our picnic lunch of sandwiches as we watched other swimmers and divers and brave souls who jumped off the platforms. Some people even did summersaults!










No comments: