My husband, who from the beginning has scoffed at the idea of me having a blog ("Whenever will YOU find the time?") reminded me this morning that IF you have blog you should update it at least once a week. Unlike my daughter, I no longer follow my number of readers with a statistical tracking site so I really do not know if anyone reads this unless they send an email or leave a comment. Anna Rae is right; the fewer the comments the less inclined a blogger is to write. This is the end of my Spring break and you would think that I would find plenty of opportunity to write but instead I have a zillion projects scattered throughout the house and in my head. Rather than putting the past week into paragraphs I will use lists. So first, if I look at my glass half full:
1. I went into school and made up lesson plans with my team teaching partner.
2. I changed the places where my students sit; they always like to come back to that
3. I changed my bank card to WAMOOLA card which gives money back to your school of
choice whenever you use your card.
4. I made 2 Doctor appointments for in Oct.
5. I called my health insurance company thinking I would need to appeal the bill for
my foot orthotics only to discover that YES! the entire $350. was covered!
6. I plastered holes left from molly bolts (about 2 inches across!) in our bedroom
wall and then washed the walls.
7. I potted 6 different herbs and added a garden book and gloves to make a 'basket'
which I delivered for the Hospitality House (women's shelter) silent auction.
8. I got a very nice haircut at Bella Vita downtown and then went shopping without
spending too much money.
9. I kidsat for a fellow teacher's little boy so she could go to a wedding. We
played UNO and I won.
10. I went to the Y and lifted weights or exercised in some way Mon. through Fri.
11. I investigated the benefits of our Mastercard and discovered that yes, we do have rental car insurance for our Europe travel.
12. I planted a short border of hot pink 4 o'clocks and white bush zinnias and I
think I cat proofed them with bamboo spikes.
13. Chris and I rented the DVD Sideways and enjoyed it but will never look at
Merlot wine the same. See the movie to understand.
14. I began reading The Time Traveller's Wife which is a novel that sucked me in
from the first 5 pages.
15. I went on 3 St. Vincent De Paul calls last week and 2 today. Each and every one
of those are a story in and of themselves.
16. I ripped out yards of stitches in Anna Rae's curtains as I attempt to alter
17. I read Anna Rae's blog post from Friday Apil 15 and I smiled! I am so happy
that Andy finally got to visit her.