Saturday, April 16, 2005

Scattered

My husband, who from the beginning has scoffed at the idea of me having a blog ("Whenever will YOU find the time?") reminded me this morning that IF you have blog you should update it at least once a week. Unlike my daughter, I no longer follow my number of readers with a statistical tracking site so I really do not know if anyone reads this unless they send an email or leave a comment. Anna Rae is right; the fewer the comments the less inclined a blogger is to write. This is the end of my Spring break and you would think that I would find plenty of opportunity to write but instead I have a zillion projects scattered throughout the house and in my head. Rather than putting the past week into paragraphs I will use lists. So first, if I look at my glass half full:
1. I went into school and made up lesson plans with my team teaching partner.
2. I changed the places where my students sit; they always like to come back to that
surprise!
3. I changed my bank card to WAMOOLA card which gives money back to your school of
choice whenever you use your card.
4. I made 2 Doctor appointments for in Oct.
5. I called my health insurance company thinking I would need to appeal the bill for
my foot orthotics only to discover that YES! the entire $350. was covered!
6. I plastered holes left from molly bolts (about 2 inches across!) in our bedroom
wall and then washed the walls.
7. I potted 6 different herbs and added a garden book and gloves to make a 'basket'
which I delivered for the Hospitality House (women's shelter) silent auction.
8. I got a very nice haircut at Bella Vita downtown and then went shopping without
spending too much money.
9. I kidsat for a fellow teacher's little boy so she could go to a wedding. We
played UNO and I won.
10. I went to the Y and lifted weights or exercised in some way Mon. through Fri.
11. I investigated the benefits of our Mastercard and discovered that yes, we do have rental car insurance for our Europe travel.
12. I planted a short border of hot pink 4 o'clocks and white bush zinnias and I
think I cat proofed them with bamboo spikes.
13. Chris and I rented the DVD Sideways and enjoyed it but will never look at
Merlot wine the same. See the movie to understand.
14. I began reading The Time Traveller's Wife which is a novel that sucked me in
from the first 5 pages.
15. I went on 3 St. Vincent De Paul calls last week and 2 today. Each and every one
of those are a story in and of themselves.
16. I ripped out yards of stitches in Anna Rae's curtains as I attempt to alter
them.
17. I read Anna Rae's blog post from Friday Apil 15 and I smiled! I am so happy
that Andy finally got to visit her.

3 comments:

Andie said...

I totally agree with you and the Merlot wine! I saw some the other day at the wine shop and went right past it, thinking of Sideways!

Anna Rae said...

Why were there holes in your bedroom wall? What did you tear out? the map? I like the map, if you took it off, put it back.

Teresa said...

No the map is still there. We took down the drapes and put in new 2 inch blinds.