Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our Hotel on Robson




We have been staying at the Tropicana on our visits to Vancouver since 1985 or there abouts and only once have we been disappointed. It has gone through various owners and at least two remodels but they have kept the funky old sign and I like that! It is, I am sure, the cheapest hotel in North Vancouver and it is in a great location: close to Stanley Park where we skate and I go OOH and AAH over all the plant life. There is plenty of trendy shopping on Robson (but sadly enough to me, nary a German establishment remains) and lots of people watching. It is also close to lots of great restaurants, especially if you like Asian food (Korean seems to be the most common). And if you like to see how the really rich spend their extra cash in Vancouver, it is only a few short blocks to the Coal Coast marina. I have many photos of Vancouver and I am sure you can do an online search and find photos that show this fine city through a far more sophisticated eye than I have.

Our Hotel on Robson
Originally uploaded by mtnester

No comments: