Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer's Here!

Teacher Appreciation Week and the impending end of school were reasons for a flood of kindergarten 'love letters' and pictures for me in the month of June. If you can read their writing then you are either a teacher or the parent of a 5 to 7 year old child. For those of you who are not well trained in reading 'best guess' writing, the first letter says "Thank you for being a good teacher." and the pictures of the fish and snail on the walls are drawings that hung in the classroom when we were in the midst of the Science unit: Animals 2x2. The second letter says "Dear Mrs. Goethe, You are the best teacher ever alive. Thank you for always being there for me and every day I love you. xoxo Do you?" The third letter says "This is my teacher and she is the best teacher in the world because she is nice to me and kind and caring every day and she's thinking about me every day and every second." Whew! If I didn't know any better I would think I had eyes in the back of my head too! Honestly, such adoration is humbling. What surprises me is that the children who keep me on my toes the most are also the most profuse with their words of praise.




Summer's Here!
Originally uploaded by mtnester

No comments: