Sunday, April 26, 2009

If I had the time...





I would tell you all about the lovely wedding we went to yesterday at Fauntleroy Community Church. I did not bring my camera as it was the wedding of a photographer and about a third of the guests were photographers or stylists and they certainly had it covered. The bride and groom were co-workers of the DH when he was in advertising at Macy's. The reception was at Salty's on Alki and the food was a wonderful surf and turf buffet. Delicious! The view of downtown Seattle as day faded to night and the lights of the city came on, was breathtaking!

Or I would tell you about the picture that DH took of the elderly lady walking with a cane in White Center as she led her miniature PONY down the sidewalk.

Or I would have a list of the treasures for sale at Florabundance, the yearly Arboretum sale. I exercised restraint and only bought tomatoes, beets and peppers.

But, I must write the parent letter for my classroom and I want to maybe, just maybe, get out into the yard, now that the fog is burning off.

Weekends are altogether too short!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Surf and turf at Saltys?! Whoa, sounds exquisite!
Loved the flower vase....mine will be coming in a few weeks.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Flowers are gorgeous. Dad brought me in TWO tulips. We will have many within days.
Wedding sounds breathtaking.

Mom

Rosemary said...

So true never enough time in the day......... admire your restraint at the plant sale.

Rosemary said...

The coyotes are cardboard fakes to scare away the geese. If I saw a real coyote I would run the other way.

Mrs4444 said...

Wow, surf and turf at a wedding? That's a little different from our family-style chicken dinners here, isn't it?! :) Sounds nice.

Teresa said...

Lynn and Barb,
No way is our own daughter going to have a reception like this. I shudder at the expense! There were around 100 people in attendance.