Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rejoice!



Happy Easter everyone! Although spring has been slow in coming, plenty is in bloom here in the Pacific Northwest. My camera focused low to the ground today but there are plenty of bushes and trees in blossom too. Our own pear is close to bursting out; my guess is a week away...if we get sun. If you run your cursor over the pictures during the slide show it will show you the titles and names of the plants.

My mom is in the hospital tonight recovering from gastrointestinal problems that we all hope are getting closer to resolution. It is NOT cancer, and for that, our family offers up prayers of gratitude this Easter Sunday. In fact, she fully intends on being home for Easter dinner. She was quite upset at not being able to fulfill the role of Easter Bunny for her youngest grand kids and she was VERY particular with my sisters about the details for the Easter dessert she had planned, even as she left for the hospital Friday night! I love you Mom! I wish I were with you in Green Bay!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Teresa, Happy Easter to you and way to go for your Mom,great show of flowers in your garden.

Anonymous said...

The garden photos are lovely!
I esp. love the blue and yellow together. Of course the primroses are so rainbow colored it is hard not to love them too!
Thanks for the tour!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. Today I feel pretty good, almost 90%.I sure will pray for Val. I saw Donna at the grocery store and she also had an upbeat feeling.
Did you know Anna Rae made the dessart? It was DELICIOUS!
Mom