Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cuties




I remember when a tangerine in my Christmas stocking was as expected as a candy cane. Now Clementines like these Cuties, share the produce aisle along with satsumas and a host of various tangerines. So why two boxes for a family of three? It was a BOGO (buy one, get one) of course. Even at that the price was, "Gasp!" $8.99. But the HG, like me, pouted that it just wouldn't be right to be without these fragrant, juicy, easy to peel citrus fruits during the holidays. They make the best of snacks in the classroom too and the whole room smells fresh (something you can't always say about a kindergarten classroom).
Speaking of kindergarten, look who visited my classroom yesterday! HG stopped by to meet my class and she helped at the Arts and Crafts table. Of course she thought they were all SO cute and they in turn were rather 'taken' with her. I do not encourage HG to pursue teaching as a career but I guess it wouldn't surprise me if she did, considering all the time she has spent visiting and helping in my classroom ever since she was very little.

4 comments:

Anna Rae said...

since when have you stopped calling me by my name and started calling me hg? Very tricky, nice to keep anonymity!

Diana said...

I agree, it's just not Christmas without them. They are always good but sometimes they are so good they make you weep. I wish I could tell from the outset which sort I'm getting so I could lay in a large supply.

Anonymous said...

Just bought a case of clemtines, $6.50 but yummmmmmmmmm. How about the pomagramate?

Anonymous said...

We were fortunate to get our clementines for 4.99. Cubs had $1.00 coupon so we loaded up. Gene even brought some up to the rehab crew at St. V's. We each eat 2-4 a day. Happy new year to all. The Seniors