Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Made In Canada


I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when I flipped over this huge box that had sat, just begging to be opened, in our stairwell for a month and saw the words 'made in Canada'. Our school PTA forked over a cool $400. for me to purchase this state of the art easel and after 13 years of using a painting easel as my teaching station, I think I deserved it. I was quite leery of diving into the instructions to assemble it and then heaved a sigh of relief when I discovered that our neighbors to the near north were the manufacturers. Canadian English and pictographs I can handle. Isn't a divine piece of teaching equipment? Drool away sister Lynn!
After showing off my skillful assembly job to my DH he told me that assembling a 'box kit' of furniture now merits a patch in Girl Scouting. That sure is a far cry from the patches I earned for starting campfires, reading a compass, childcare and sewing!

No comments: