Sunday, July 06, 2008

Chocolate Flower

This plant is really low to the ground, you need to get down on your knees to smell the flower and the smell is present only in the morning. But it is worth the effort, it smells exactly like dark chocolate! It is a native to the rocky mountain states and it's Latin name is berlandiera lyrata. I got 2 of them for 50 cents each off the clearance table at my neighborhood nursery, Village Green. Whenever was chocolate such a deal?!



Chocolate Flower
Originally uploaded by mtnester.

1 comment:

Wendy Hughes-Jelen said...

I started some from seed at the end of May (since Spring was so late anyway). I don't have flowers yet, but the little baby plants are coming along! I had a seed kit of several chocolate-themed plants from Chocolate Flower Farm in Langley (http://www.chocolateflowerfarm.com/) I haven't visited there yet but it is my goal for this summer, to make the trip up there.