Friday, August 27, 2004

Our Anniversary

I spent much of today in my classroom, putting up the calendar and organizing my desk. I also took time to clean out the cabinet that stores books on tape. A lot of the books and tapes were not matched and stored in ziploc bags; that will be remedied before school starts Sept. 8. I also went to the Children's Bookstore to buy nameplates and nametags. Do you know how long it takes just to label everything that a child uses in the classroom; more than and hour I can tell you that! I have 29 kids on my class list thus far. 28 is supposed to be the limit. Administration says there is a 7% 'no show' rate. We shall see.
Today is our anniversary, thank goodness I am a low maintenance woman or we would not be celebrating #22. Most couples go for a dinner out, I opt for a skate along Alki Beach. The weather was rather cloudy but that was actually ok since it cut down the crowds. I like to skate fast but I am NOT 'grace on wheels' so the lighter the pedestrian traffic, the better.
Well, I talked to Anna Rae's counselor at VHS and she helped solve the quandary of how to get Anna Rae to complete the correspondence course she took in Lit. from BYU. They sent the final test here to USA as AR had requested but it arrived AFTER she had left for France. SO now AR's counselor needs to send the test back to BYU unopened. Now Anna Rae must find a new proctor in France (must be a teacher, librarian, counselor, or administrator), the proctor has an online application to complete and AR must request the test be sent to her French proctor. So many hoops to jump through for a realatively easy course.
And AR tells me she has a cold! How I wish I were there fix a cup of tea for her at night, and tell her to take (or not take) Sudafed in the morning. I hope this cold is short lived.
This is the last weekend of the Olympics so I will end my post here so I can enjoy tonight's events with Chris.

No comments: