Tuesday, January 22, 2008

'Let's Go Fly A Kite'


Here's a new twist on flying a kite. I guess you could say the kite is flying the skiers. When I was cross country skiing on Saturday I saw this most unusual sight on the edges of the lake below the trail. These two guys are on skis and being towed by yellow kites. They were stopping everyone in their tracks. They really zipped. I don't know how they managed to miss all the tree stumps in the dry lake bed that are poking up through the snow. I have taken very few videos with my camera, so please forgive the inferior quality. Have any of you seen this type of skiing in your part of the world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
They did have these in Madison at the Kites on Ice Festival on Lake Monona.
I saw them whiz by while watching through the windows of the terrace

Lynn