Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Cost of a Cutie

Cuties, that is the title of one of my previous posts. Now that I have a site meter I can see that it is one of my more popular posts. This really cracks me up because obviously most people are NOT expecting to see a picture of citrus fruit! Although at least one person visiting 'Cuties' DID enter from an online coupon site. But, she must've been doing so from work because I saw the name of a bank listed in the IP address. So maybe I will use this knowledge to jack up my blog hits. How about a post on composting entitled Hot Dirt or one on the feral cat that can't get enough of our garden; let's call it Wild Pussy! Yee haw, now I'm on a roll! Then I look at the world map from the resources on Site Meter and I see the various places my visitors hail from, both here in the U. S. and abroad. I am pretty good at figuring out who most of them are. riseoutofme is in Ireland, wakeupandsmellthecoffee is in the UK and HG's friend Gille is in Sweden, I have students with family in India and Iran, I have friends in France. Then of course there are scads of relatives and my own blog haunts; Piffle, Quiet Life, and Confessions of a Rotten Correspondent in the mid west and Jen at A Snowball's Chance In... who is spending sleepless nights in Georgia and Tanya at Learning To Live, chronicling the growth of baby Chase in Hawaii. But who in the heck in Sterett, Alabama is checking up on me? Good Lord! They are on SO much it must be Big Brother or some stalker who finds my 'dull as dirt' day to day musings intriguing for some odd reason. All of this is to say I am enjoying my site meter.

2 comments:

Diana said...

From time to time I think about getting a site meter but then I figure I'm not sure if I really want to know who's visiting if they don't leave a comment.

Guess I'm an ostrich.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.