Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nihao!

Hello and Gung Hay Fat Choy from my kindergarten students in 102A! Can you guess who is who? This week we read Ernie Wan's New Year and there was lively discussion about how some of the children celebrated with their family or in their temple and how many Li See envelopes they collected. We discovered that most of our class was born in the Year of the Ram or Monkey. Monkeys, oh yeah, that I can see! On Friday they made these lion puppets and they were SO thrilled! It isn't very often that we do craft projects anymore in Kindergarten and the masks were a BIG hit.

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

The masks look terrific!! I'm a little jealous; I'm certified to teach Kindergarten but have never done so. Now, they'll never let me leave EBDland! That said, I know I am where I'm supposed to be :)

Anonymous said...

Your students did a fantastic job!!
Mom