Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh, How I Love ...

my man in his uniform:

I had to coax the smile out of him, can you tell? Today is his first day going solo driving bus for Metro. The sun is shining, there is not a snowflake nor wisp of fog anywhere. So it should be a perfect drive for him. I'm eager to hear his 'first day' stories. Today I spent in my yard cutting down the last of the dozens of swordtail ferns. They are in our rockery and my back was to the south in the sun, the warm, glorious sun! I really should have been struggling through the FAFSA form for our daughter but I just couldn't say no to the sun.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

He looks GREAT! I’ll bet he will enjoy it a lot more not having someone driving along with him anymore. Can't wait to hear how it went.
Now ...to you, How did you spend time in the yard?
Why weren't you in school like the rest of us??
"Inquiring minds want to know"
Me

Teresa said...

He DID enjoy it! I asked how it went and he said "Smooth as snot on a rock"
Quite the male answer, don't you think? As to why no school: It was the day between semesters and each building gets to vote on whether or not to work or trade it for the 'no students' work day at the end of the year. We voted to take it now. Goodness knows we all work at least one and usually 2 or 3 days at the end of the year anyway; pay or no pay.

Anna Rae said...

So handsome!

Mrs4444 said...

No school today...good for you. It's nice to dream about spring....

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a handsome bus driver. He sure looks confident and ready to tackle this on his own. Hope he has a great day!!!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a man! I wish he had been my bus driver!
Lynn