Saturday, January 31, 2009

Year of The Ox



Sometimes you happen on these surprising things and you happen to have your camera along and it is worth doing a U turn to go back and take a few shots. That is how it was for me this morning. I was on my way to Costco heading down 4th Ave. and I hear this drumming, I look to my left and see this 'laughing buddha' hopping up and down around TWO dancing lions! I got out of the car just as it was ending. They are quite splendid lions, much brighter than some of the older ones I have seen in previous years. My guess is that they were there at the request of the shop owner; it was either a florist or rug shop.



This was quite cute. The parents were taking their little children up close and encouraging them to pet the fuzzy pompoms on the lions' ears, hoping to calm the probable terror they felt when the lions were dancing.



Then at Costco I spent a whopping $160. and pretty much stuck to my list. I restrain myself from going there more than every 2 or 3 months. Actually, considering the immense quantities they package everything, two people do not need to go more than that.

I also ran 8 miles early this morning. I'm gaining stamina; a half marathon in June may be possible!

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I think that's one of the greatest things about Seattle; there is always something going on, and there is so many interesting things to see and do. Great shots!

Rosemary said...

What colourful pictures and a nice surprise.
The masks the kindergarden children made are terrific.They look very happy and proud.
I stopped going to Costco when our family shrunk to 2 just could not justify spending so much and always seemed to spend more than I should , good for you sticking to your list.
Like that uniform!