Thursday, December 28, 2017

24 hours in Vallodalid (2017)

We left Tulum and it's white sand beaches, trustafarian youngsters and roaming dogs. A two hour bus
ride brought us to Vallodalid which is a small town with colonial charm. It feels so comfortable to return to Hotel Maria de la Luz. It's shabby around the edges but clean and comfortable and I love the pool with the big banana trees and palms all around. If you treasure a quiet night's sleep, ask for a room away from the square. The internet is weak in the room but the mosquitoes haven't found me yet, sitting on the second floor patio, with a little chatter and clatter in the dining room below. I think I may have convinced Chris to go to the Casa de los Venados to see the astounding private collection of folk art tomorrow. I saw it last year and know he will enjoy it too. Then at 1:10 we catch another bus to Merida. Vallodalid is a quiet town but it is the perfect jumping off place to many ruins. The church bells are ringing now, I think I will investigate the square.

Catedral de San Servacio o Gervasio







No comments: