Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Third Time Still Charms (2017)

Don't let the publishing date fool you! The following 19 posts are from our  Jan.- Feb. 2017 trip to the Yucatan. It has taken me 10 months to get them in order (for the most part) and posted. I finished just in time for a return trip which is planned for late Jan.-March of 2018! 
So this is year three in the Yucatan for us. Last year two months was too long for this gardening gal. Last year we stayed a full month in Merida which was lovely in many ways. We made friends with expats and with the family that we rented from in Merida. I also had time to take weekly Spanish classes but I was recovering from back problems and eating way too much Mexican food. I gained 10 pounds or more. And this time I am less worried about my aging parents. They seem to be enjoying the best health they've had in two years. So the keyword this trip is enjoy. No letting worries creep in around the edges. We took an overnight trip this time and that worked great aside from being surprised by the fact that ADO buses didn't run till 9:00 and our hotel check in time was 3:00. So we took a shuttle from the Cancun airport and stored our luggage at El Cielo hotel and then saw a gorgeous Carribean sunrise ate a large breakfast at Vagabunda, walked the touristy Calle Cinco and read and snoozed on the roof top deck of our hotel where there is a cooling breeze.  I slept so sound that night. Today is day 3 of our vacation and I just might be making a beach bum out of Chris. We have rented lounge chairs and eaten cerviche and nachos on the beach for two days running. We've eaten dinners at our two favorite restaurants, Romeos (great pasta) and Casa Toucan. No, the pounds won't return, I am running every morning!

















No comments: