Thursday, December 28, 2017

Too Much Saltwater and Sun (2017)

Today Chris rented a bike too and we rode to the beach by the Diamonte K bungalows and guest houses. This was at the recommendation of Andrew and Ellie, a young couple from Queens. They were effusive and glowing in their description; and justifiably so.  It truly is a gorgeous beach. The only wrinkle in this lovely day was that mysteriously, the lock to my bike vanished. Fortunately we could use Chris' lock. It was maddening to be unable to find it. I hunted through every pocket in my purse and raked the sand around my bike tires with my fingers. No luck. A replacement lock cost me about $6. which is cheaper than a stolen bike but still, I'm puzzled as to how I could lose it. Oh, and today I didn't escape getting a sunburn. My forehead is tomato red. I usually think my bangs are protection enough but I should think otherwise and remember sunscreen! Tonight I wanted grilled fish for dinner. The hotel desk clerk suggested Barracuda which was another perfect recommendation. I ordered the grilled Pescado con Ajo and it was delicious. We met another couple our age from the Madison, WI area and we had a great time talking about our travels, teaching (she was a retired PE teacher) and state politics. The tropical evening breeze felt soft and cooling as we biked our way back to Hotel Posada 06.

Diamonte K  

Add caption

No comments: