Thursday, December 28, 2017

Merida Musings (2017)

My good intentions to write daily are slipping so I am going to make a list of phrases that will ignite my memory when I look back.
Going to the symphony, hearing beautiful music in a historic opera house.
Meeting my Merida friend Susanne McCoy at Punto El Cielo for coffee and laughing and smiling for two hours of catching up.






Going to the crazy intense Lucas de Galveston Mercado and buying two table runners and a lovely blouse for $170. U.S. which is a staggering amount of money considering that I bargained down from $250. AND the seller led me through a maze to get to a Bancomer cash machine which had a line of about 25 people. BUT, I waited, she waited, and we both were happy once the exchange was madeAll this in our hottest day here: 94! An afternoon licuado and air conditioning were much appreciated.
The night time swim in the pool was so relaxing and the sky above was heavenly. Today we have tickets in hand and will return to Vallodalid for two nights.



No comments: