Saturday, April 05, 2008

It Can Rain Now



It can rain now, I reseeded the path between my shade gardens. I pulled dandelions and Bishop's Weed until my elbow ached. I will never dominate the dandelions! We use no pesticides or chemical fertilizers and the lot next door is vacant and although I try to occasionally jump the fence and whack away at the blackberry brambles and weeds, I don't make much of a dent. Also, we are down a couple inches for rainfall which seems hard to believe for Seattle. The pink blossoms of the cherry trees in the neighborhood are starting to fade a bit. The magnolia trees with their enormous buds are poised to unfold with the least bit of sun that may come our way. The trees in the pictures are not on my street, but they were on my 'walking route' in the neighborhood.

No comments: