Saturday, April 05, 2008

An Ultimate Moment

Is your daughter coming home for spring break? I have been asked this a couple times recently. I wish she had, or even that I could have seen her zipping back and forth playing Ultimate at the tournaments in Georgia and Washington DC, which is what she is doing in this picture.
The pictures are a treat though; especially the ones of her smiling:


Today we got the news...she is definitely going to Tunisia for her quarter abroad. She was also accepted into UChicago's year in Paris program. But no, she chose Tunisia. Can you hear it? "But MOM, I've lived in France! I want a totally different cultural experience." Hmmm... no doubt, this will be totally different. Am I worried? Heck yes, 'worried' is my middle name! But I am proud of her too and her excitement is contagious. (For info on her year in Annecy, France check out my '04-'05 archived posts)

3 comments:

Mercedes said...

I have Spotlighted your blog as the Blog of the Week. If you do not wish for me to do this-please let me know! I just couldn't wait-lol! If you are ok with this and wish for me to add/change anything let me know. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Found you through Mercedes. Your daughter is cute--how wonderful for her to travel abroad!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. Loved to see them. She looks SOO happy.

Mom