Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday is a Day of Rest

Today in San Rafael I went to church at Saint Isabellas. They have the most lovely windows that just happen to be all about Lent and Easter:


Palm Sunday, the Last Supper, and Good Friday, 


Easter Sunday

Afterwards we went to the county's largest Farmer's Market:


And of course I bought California oranges:


Goat milk, lamb and veal I understand, but the hides? I guess it is a waste not, want not attitude:

Then it was time to relax on Wende's porch looking out at the lagoon:



Followed by lunch at the Marin Co. golf course with my good friend Mary who I hadn't seen in 25 years but I still recognized when she walked up to me. She knows all my secrets from the early 1970's when we both waited tables at The Alpine in Door Co., WI




Then we went bird watching, kind of. I think the birds were as hot as we were and hid in the swamp. It got up to 82 again today! Still, walking was good.



Then it was time for more relaxing on the porch and listening to frogs and coyotes.

Now I will sit on the red couch you see in the picture to share this blog post with you!



No comments: