Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunshine from Start to Finish

Strange how there can be so many clouds in the sky and yet sunny here in Santa Fe from sunrise to sunset. After breakfast at El Rey Inn I went to mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assisi. What a beautiful setting for a Palm Sunday mass!


 St. Kateri Tekawitha




 St. Francis of Assisi 





While I was at mass Chris walked every street in historic downtown Santa Fe. He even indulged me and we walked a little more when I was done with church. We had been to Santa Fe in 1981 and it has changed considerably. Every single shop is filled with Native American arts and crafts or it is a gallery, museum or restaurant. There is a lot to look at, some of the artistry is very beautiful. Chris is so lucky that I do not collect silver and turquoise jewelry! 






Burro Alley





The bartender at the Thunderbird Restaurant is an artist. Just look at this 'salad in a glass'! 


That is where we met Mary, Chris' friend from high school, for lunch and we talked and talked and talked. I had to choose this photo; I just loved the look on the face of the unknown little girl sipping the soda and hugging the popcorn, to the right of Mary and Chris.


2 comments:

AnnaRae said...

I remember reading that little book about Kateri Takawitha with you as a child, so I know who she is!

Santa Fe looks so pretty AND bloody marys are my favorite, so I'll have to go there one day!

Unknown said...

You are right...she totally stole the show!
Love Santa Fe, but haven't been there since my sister broke up with that two timing...I'm sure you get the drift...
But, love the area. We went to see a Flamenco performance, which I adored!